Training and Professional Development Materials
The Power of Showing Up
April 12, 2021
- Power of Showing Up Power Point pdf
- Link to the audio recording of the training (available until May 13, 2021)
- Refrigerator sheet from The Power of Showing Up (in English and Spanish).
- Training Certificate
- An illustration from Dr. Bryson’s book, The Yes Brain:
Understanding, Supporting and Accepting Families with Complex Needs
June 10, 2019
Deb Sunderland LCSW presented a framework for understanding families with complex needs. Using Complexity Theory she facilitated a conversation that explored the complexity of the family, the system home visitors work in, and the role they engage in. Participants explored how Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) may be useful tools for the work of the home visitor. In the second half of the day attendees engaged in small group discussions using case examples from home visitors.
- Power Point Presentation – document includes link to TED talks, book list, how to draw an Eco-Map and sample Eco-Map.
- Handouts from training
- List of organizations in attendance